Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Italy!


Well I have now been in Macerata, Italy for over two weeks and I am FINALLY updating my blog. I know everyone has been dying to see pictures of all I have been seeing so wait no longer! This is going to take me three posts to get everything on here so bare with me.
Lets start out with random pictures taken throughout Macerata.

This is a view from above of one of the many Piazzas throughout the old walled city.

This was originally built to be a sports stadium (post gladiators) but is now an outdoor theater. I so wish I was going to be here during the summer, this place is host to the second best outdoor opera in all of Italy.

Your basic Medieval city roof tiles.
These next two pictures were taken from the top of the clock tower. Unfortunately, I was too overcome by the beauty that stupid me forgot to take my camera off indoor settings so the pictures aren't the best at all. Oops!
The bell rang while we were up there. Have you ever had a giant bell ring about a foot behind your head? Cuz I'll tell ya, not so easy on the ears.
Oh yeah, I know you're jealous.

2 comments:

Laura said...

the first picture looks like its a miniature!!. Look how small the van is, and the trees and the store doors and that little person I see sorta off to the side of the van....LOVE IT!.

The pics from the bell tower of death look amazing. Love the view and the crane just adds something to it LoL.

Seriously never stop taking pictures here! Cause well lots of memories will happen here....want a beer bottle -giggles-

marie said...

holy cow, the last picture is amazing. totally jealous here hehe the view from the clock tower is amazing